1988 Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Designer

White, 1988 Designer ("Mary Quant") for sale. One of three in the club, and although some of the Designer details are missing, unlike the other two, this car is still recognizable as a Mary Quant. Correct interior and bonnet badge, for instance.
    RHD. Modified in England (probably by Dereks) to a convertible.
    Has been in the Seattle area for around three years. I've maintained the car for the previous Seattle owners and have full records of work done.
    Current owner ran it out of water, kept driving and fried the 998cc engine. Owner has decided to sell rather than rebuild/replace the engine.
    The car is stored for a little while longer at my place if you are interested in looking at it.
    I don't know what the owner has in mind for a price.
    If you are interested, contact Shoshannah at srmoxley at hotmail dot com
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

For those interested in it, I thought I would help out by getting the price from her.

Hi Ryan,

It was nice to meet you today. I had quoted a price at 4800 in the morning and on what the reaction of the club members are, there my be a more reasonable price. $3,000 is more appropriate.

Thanks,

Shoshannah

Comment

Car has been sold.
      Best regards,
      MSH
      All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

So keep us guessing Mark... WE DON'T MIND!

Don

Comment

As far as I know, no money has exchanged hands. The car is still at my place. The owner hasn't told me the car has been sold, and she still owes me a little money for previous work.

Comment

I have a "club" if you'd like to borrow it, Chuck.
            Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
            1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Chuck already knows how to disable a Mini. In fact, he's worked on my car several times.

Dan
              Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Hi,
                Perhaps I should be more clear. Jeff and Shoshannah have an agreement, and money has changed hands. ( I think he'll like having a second convertible. ) It looks like the A+ 998 motor that I have will be a perfect fit!

Best regards,
                MSH
                All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

hahaha Dan, I thought Ed was thinking of a different "Club"!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

A good zinger from Dan! Much better than one would think coming from someone with a chrome skull for a shift knob. (I'm rethinking the Penna Award.)

No Club needed. The engine is toast and the head is off.

According to Jeff, he has a deposit on the car, so he has "first dibs" based on whatever the deal was that he worked out with the owner about when full payment is due (and any other conditions).

Comment

Dan has a Chrome Skull Shift Knob?!?! Yikes, is it the one that the eyes light up too!! Next thing you know he'll have air ride on it too just like all the other Mini Truckers
                      Skip

Comment

Four bucks at Fred Meyer!

Congratulations, Jeff.

Dan
                        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

It's official. Jeff VanHurston is now a two drop-top Mini owner!

Comment

Working...
                          X