need new or slightly used shifter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new or slightly used shifter

Hi im in need of a new or slightly used shifter for a rod shift mini. I can possibly use a short shifter as my project is a custom job. if anyone has a nice shifter setup or a short shifter please let me know. thanks

I don't know if it will help or not but 2 new short shift kits were auctioned at the White Elephant this year. Someone may know where they went.

Kelley
    If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

So to be clear, you only need the shift lever itself, not the rod change shifter box and lever? I may have an extra. I know I have a complete shifter unit but would not want to take off just the “stick”
      "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
      ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
      '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
      '60 Morris Van - Marvan
      '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

After our discussion of the spinning shifter last night I took a look at the spare rod-change shifter I have on the shelf. One of the pins that holds the bayonet cap covering the shifter housing fits into a slot in the shifter ball and keeps it from rotating. It's possible yours has broken or has worked its way out a bit.

Kelley
        If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

yes kelly you were right the screw wasnt seating and would loosen after a couple moves of the shifter that has since been fixed thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X