"Classic" Blingy... ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Classic" Blingy... ;-)

With that roof line, must be driven by Mini-Me...

The Vee-Butt Windshield and Roofline look like copied from '49 - '51 Ford as does the pancaked hood. Tail lights are Model A Ford. Lines of the tubular grillwork look like something off of customized shoe-box Ford like '57 Fairlane. The rear, well that's anyone's guess. Seats are probably on the floorboards. Chopped tops aren't for seeing out of, they are for being seen and looking cool!!
    Skip

Comment

One things for sure, I bet lifting the rear up to put jack stands underneath would be real 'fun' given the center muffler and twin tips - perhaps those large sill extensions have jacking pads built-in?

Comment

Yeah, but does your orange one have Mickey Mouse whitewalls?

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

One of the Heinz 57 cars was hotrodded many years ago. Looked just about as bad as the orange and pink things. I don't have the photo any more. Think I burned it.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Though far from my interest, you gotta admit that '55-56 Chevesque thing is kinda clever... Wonder what they called it? Austin Bel Air or Morris Delray perhaps?

Comment

I noticed there is what looks like a coachbuilders symbol on the body just in front of the rear wheel on the orange one. Perhaps it's a Ralston-Farina original?

Comment

57 Mini

I saw the 57 Mini at a car show in Saint Augustine, Florida about 16 years ago along with a "modernised" Riley. I'll dig up the photos and scan them for our entertainment.
                It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Please do Carl, sorta I'm wondering how a modernized Riley looks?

Dan, does it say "Minnesota" above the rear plate on the pink and white car? That's what it looks like to me??

Comment

Pink car is called Minisota or some spelling close to that.

Comment

Should be named Mini-sorta

Comment

does not Mike Priest from the Florida mini club owned that car??
                        peter

Comment

Yes, he was the owner the last time I heard.

Comment

If it was based on a BL era Mini they might call it the Leyland Quiff (aka Ducktail...)

Comment

Working...
                            X