Anyone Running the Tulip Rallye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Running the Tulip Rallye?

Anyone from the club planning on running the Tulip Rallye on the 20th?
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

cannot make this one, i m out of town

peter

Comment

I'm in, already registered.
      Merv.

Comment

2 lips.

I don't think I'll make this one, I may be at Mini Spares in Birmingham!
        It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Elise and I will not be able to make this one. Saturdays are super busy at Pin Up Acupuncture.

Comment

Tulip Rallye

I did this for the first time Saturday. A friend on Whidby Island with a Mini has been trying to get me to join his team for many years and I finally gave in.

Saturday morning had rain in Woodinville, but the radar showed clearing up North so I took a chance and drove up. We had a mostly dry day with a few sun breaks so the weather ended up being fine, until the drive home where we hit rain again in Everett.

The MG club did a great job of organizing this and had 258 entrants despite the weather. I was surprised how many cars went top-down the entire day, but there were also plenty of minivans and regular cars from people who probably left their toy cars at home. We had little trouble following the 7 or so pages of route directions over 95 miles between Sedro Wooly to Concrete and back, and about 1/3 of the questions that needed answering were easy, another third were fairly difficult, and another third we skipped with no idea what they were getting at. Needless to say we didn't get any trophies but we did finish 4th car in (which apparently doesn't count for anything) and put in about 210 miles for the day.

A huge variety of cars participated, from about a half zillion MINIS, MGs, and Miatas, to an older Cadillac Limo, some 60's street rods, a scattering of big Healeys, an E-type, and other British, German, and Italian odds and ends. And a V8 Gremlin.

All in all a fun day with plenty of good backroads and sights you'd probably never see otherwise. (Ever been to Lyman or Hamilton?)

Again, many thanks to the MG club for a well run event.

Steve
            Last edited by SteveG; 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X