Bad Gas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Gas!!!

I don't know if you all heard but my silver mini had a problem on the return trip from Vancouver ABFM.
    I was cruisin' at 70 on I5 all things running great until I came to Marysville. Then it just acted as if it ran out of gas. I stopped by the side of the road in the rain and checked the usual (spark, fuel flow, etc). Wouldn't start. after sitting awhile I pulled the choke out and it started. I was able to drive it home without further incident but it did surge and cut out. But it made it home.
    I took of the HIF44 carb and took it apart and inspected it. It was clean with no apparent problem.
    Yesterday I replaced the fuel filter and when I turned the car on I noticed the gas looked funny. Dark orange and thick.
    Today I took out the tank and drained it. Guess what? About a quart of rusty water was in the bottom.
    I think it must have been the 94 octane fillup I did just before leaving Vancouver to come back.

BAD GAS! ARRRRGH!
    Attached Files
    Classic Miniac.
    1978 Mini (1460)
    1991 B M W 318is

Looks like (94 octane) cider? ;-)

Comment

Gas

I'm tellin' ya......that Canuck fuel! Brian and Elise's wee Tabby suffered from it. Fill up before heading into the dark North.
      It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

I had a feeling it could have been the petrol, but that seemed too easy~ Guess who is going to drain their tank again?

We did have a little hiccup on the return from Octagon after refueling in Sumas... I bet the refuel stirred up the residual Canadian Cider in our tank!! Those cheeky Canucks!!

Comment

bad gas can be painful ...

Comment

Working...
          X