Door glass adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door glass adjustment

Need help. The glass in my door on the Cabriolet is crooked. The front is lower than the rear so there is a gap when the window is rolled up. Iíve taken the panel off and surveyed the innerds but canít see how to make adjustments and the manual doesnít cover this situation. Any help would be appreciated.
    Mitch & Teri
    Frankenvan--1961 Australian Van
    Mini Cabriolet

I can't speak to the specific mechanism in your door but on doors that I have worked on the mechanism is self-leveling. There really isn't an adjustment. if it isn't lifting and lowering equally it is because something is either binding in the window guides or the lift mechanism has corroded.

Kelley
    If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Thanks Kelly. I’m wondering if it is how the mechanism is mounted in the door because it doesn’t appear to be using the original holes or hardware.
      Mitch & Teri
      Frankenvan--1961 Australian Van
      Mini Cabriolet

Comment

If some one has pulled up on the glass without moving the handle. It could have pulled the glass partly out of the track at the bottom that holds it. Or.....there are gear segment teeth that make both arms move together. If the window was stiff and someone forced the hand crank, it could have skipped a tooth causing one arm to be higher.
        "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
        Ď64 Austin Countryman-???
        '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
        '60 Morris Van - Marvan
        '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Working...
        X