Turn indicator gremlins again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn indicator gremlins again

Indicators are out again, this time the went out when I switched to bright lights, no fuses blown, relays replaced, wiggle test on all wires is futile. I'm probably low on Lucas Smoke, maybe someone can help me at the ABFM in Bellevue on Sat.

Could it be mechanical, not electrical? I say this because only after I spent quite awhile tracing wires to find out why my horn didn't work did I discover it was the little brass wiper gizmo (don't go there Chuck!) that completes the circuit between the steering column and the steering wheel. Well, I guess that is electrical but mechanical too, if you know what I mean.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

turn signals

Originally posted by minied View Post
      Could it be mechanical, not electrical? I say this because only after I spent quite awhile tracing wires to find out why my horn didn't work did I discover it was the little brass wiper gizmo (don't go there Chuck!) that completes the circuit between the steering column and the steering wheel. Well, I guess that is electrical but mechanical too, if you know what I mean.
      I don't know what to do, I may just have to shoot her.

Comment

They're working....

I inadvertently hit the hazard flashers, and the indicators started working.....what's up with that? not that I'm complaining or anything, but something is amiss. Hazards work, and that makes the signals work again? any guesses?

while I'm at it what's the best coolant to run in a late Rover Mini?

Thanks sincerely, and see you at the ABFM Bellevue

Greg

Comment

Trace the wiring diagrams and you'll likely see why the turnsignals are working now that the hazards are.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Little used and dirty hazard switch gets cleaned up with a wee bit of use and shazam!....signals! Just a guess as my manuals don't include hazard switches. Don

Comment

Working...
            X