Adding pics to posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding pics to posts

I know this can't be hard but I was wondering if someone could tell me how to include pics in your posts? I have been trying to add pics to profile & posts and it never works for me. I'm on a mac with firefox and I always get a white screen and nothing happens. Do I need to go to a PC?

Thanks,

Alain

Alain,
    Using Windows XP I upload the photo from "My Pictures" to Photobucket, an image hosting site. There I resize to 640 x 480, copy the "IMG code" provided (an http thang) to my posting on this site.

Don

Comment

Thank you - I was thinking that I may have to host pics somewhere else. I just didn't want to yet, but I will now.

Comment

Don, how do you make the rest of your album inaccessible to others when posting from Photobucket? For example, whenever I post a photo to a forum using Photobucket, someone could see the rest of my album by looking at the directory shown in the URL. Yet I believe you've figured out a way to share individual photos while keeping the rest private.

I have resorted to using Google's PicasaWeb for posting photos to forums because it has an "Image Only (no link)" option which doesn't show my album's directory.

Comment

Thanks Chad,
          For making me realize that I don't have ANY photos that I can't share with the whole universe! How boring! Other than my super-secret handle of donwhynot-2006 there is nothing to keep people from viewing odd Minis and various camping shots. Don't tell anyone.

This begs the question...what have YOU got to hide?

The up-shot to my research on my photobucket presence is that I was actually a SUPERHERO back in 1935! DON DIXON and the Hidden Empire! Who knew? Eat my dust Flash Gordon!

My absolute favorite photo! By Jamie Mesaros.

Don

Comment

Your secret is safe with me, donwhynot-2006 of the Hidden Empire! But really, I dont think the rest of your photos are accessible unless you provide a direct link, and I'm perplexed, because I'm pretty sure my Photobucket albums are more easily accessed.

Comment

And nice photo, indeed!

Comment

Chad, I think your pictures on Photobucket are safe from the rest of the world! Unless someone types in “Keywords” like “Chad, Mini, High heels, Black lace teddy’s with peanut butter, and picking up marbles with chopstick” you’re probably good.

Tim
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Chad, I just checked. Don's albums are available to anyone who slips a www into the link.

Dan
                  Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Well, what we've all learned from this thread (besides Don answering Alain's question) is that I'm paranoid! Sorry for derailing the thread...

Comment

Working...
                    X