Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant seem to upload an avatar, I've tried uploading from my desktop and photobucket, neither works. I've also tried resizing the image to meet the requirements and that doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Originally posted by cdirth View Post
    I cant seem to upload an avatar, I've tried uploading from my desktop and photobucket, neither works. I've also tried resizing the image to meet the requirements and that doesn't work either. Any ideas?
    I am so glad you posted this!! We are having the same issue!

Comment

What's the size of your avatar image now? Getting the right pixel size is easy, but you sometimes have to struggle to get it into the acceptable kilobyte range.

I've done three or four of 'em, and I don't think any one of them took on the first try. Make your photo 100-by-100 pixels or less and keep lowering the resolution until it drops below 24k.

My avatar here is 100X100 and 21.6k.

Good luck.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Mine is 99x92 and 7k.... A lot smaller than what is required. When I save the upload it just goes to a blank screen and nothing happens.

Comment

Just made my picture 100x100 and 16kb, still not working.

Comment

Are you remotely hosting your avatar (as when uploading photos to use in forum postings)?

Comment

I've tried a remote host and local.

Comment

No Avitar Upload

I'm having the same issue when trying to upload an Avatar.
                It is sized to 97 X 97 and is less that 24K.
                When I provide the path to to this Avatar image inside my computer, the screen shows that the request has been initiated, but nothing happens beyond that.
                The screen remains blank other than showing the URL at the top for the site updating the Avatar.

Comment

Must be pretty complicated stuff. Not if I managed to upload my avatar. But that was long ago. Perhaps the webmaster could fix the problem?
                  Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                  1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

I've done some research and there is a possibility that when the company that hosts this forum changed servers a couple of years ago they may have changed some of the permissions of the directories that hold the avatar files. This would explain why the old avatars still work but new ones can't be written to the system.

I can't get into this part of the system so I have asked Rodney to look into it.

Also, for some reason the Site Help and Tutorials section of the forum is always marked as Read when I log in. I just assumed that nothing was going on in it since there were never any Unread messages. I'll keep a closer eye on it from now on.

Kelley
                    If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Working...
                    X