Dyno Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day

Time to start getting a feel for how many members are interested in putting their cars on the dyno. It's a fun event, usually costs about $30 for a run, followed by pizza at the Clover Leaf Tav in Tacoma. The date probably would be the last Saturday in March. Haven't contacted Doug yet. Seems that last year we had about 10 cars. The day usually starts with breakfast, then a short caravan to Fairlady Motors in University Place (actually west Tacoma, but don't tell the inhabitants that). First car on about 0900. Any takers?

C'mon folks--I need to know if there is any interest in this event. Get off your collective buttocks.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-17-2008, 08:25 PM. Reason: no response

Jerry, I've got one cheek raised in that I haven't modified the '63 since last years dyno day.Who needs more than 37 HP? I don't plan on running, just hope to show up as an observer/pizza eater. Don

Comment

Don't forget that last years dyno day also included a jaunt through Point Defiance Park and an only slightly more spirited drive up to Seattle via Marine View Drive after the pizza.

Comment

Probably better add my name to the list. Haven't had a chance to get the right needles in Graham but I'm eager to see what the 1133cc motor will do. You can lower that cheek now, Don.
        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

OK, that's more like it. Response. That makes three so far. I'm sure that Peter will want to run the 1360 Inno.

Comment

There's a good chance MOKE will be refreshed and back on the road by then. If so you all will have a target to shoot for!
            Last edited by Cheleker; 02-21-2008, 06:31 AM.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

count me in for the
              136o Inno
              on March29 Saturday.
              Peter

Comment

Just talked to Doug at Fairlady Motors and he (and the dyno) won't be available until the first weekend in April. How does that sound?

Comment

Even better. Good chance there won't be frost by then!
                  Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                  1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

April 5 Saturday,
                    ok with me
                    Peter

Comment

Is it official? Saturday, April 5th?

Comment

If we get enough response from the membership, that's the day. So far only five people have indicated an interest. We would need about five more participants to make it worthwhile for Doug. Andy and Rachel Nelson may attend with their race cars, but don't know for sure if Rachel's car will be back together. Cross your fingers!

Comment

Think of it as gettin' yer annual dose of Cloverleaf pizza! A guaranteed cure for all kinds of ailments.

Dan
                          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I think I can add another car either
                            my 1098 Inno or
                            a non Mini, possible golf GTI( 1970)
                            either one, my son chris will drive one of them

Peter

Comment

OK, I'm in conditionally. If weather's good, I'll bring up the Estate. If the weather sucks, I'll bring up the Bini, if I still have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X