Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vote is to eat first (always). Don

Comment

Line up of cars seems to be getting bigger, as well as the size of a couple of the cars that are supposed to be there.

Do the Dyno testing. Have a talk session after (like last year - most informative) with Doug's help, then eat (invite Doug), then drive.
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I'm going to be out of town on the 5th but Barbara is going to try to make it. We would like to see the performance difference on a dyno run when the gearbox isn't trying to grind down the 1st motion bearing at the same time.

Cheers,

Kelley
          If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

I am going to try to bring the Green suzuki turbo down if I can get the fuel right and my friend might bring his 300+hp 2007 VW GTI.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase View Post
              I am going to try to bring the Green suzuki turbo down if I can get the fuel right and my friend might bring his 300+hp 2007 VW GTI.
              300 hp? so, he's already dynoed the car? or is that just the estimate? that would be fun to watch!
              Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hello,

I'd like to bring my Mini to the dyno day. This thread is a bit long and confusing on the date/times for this event. Could someone post the date/time and meeting points for this event? I will be coming from Bellevue and would like to drive down with some other Mini's if possible.

Thanks,
                Chris

Comment

Hmm.. Chuck suggested I bring my gas/electric car rather than the Inno. Maybe I'll do that. What is the limit of people that would make this event reasonable?

Comment

What time???

Hi all,

I have my NEW Mini "Blue" to show off at the Dyno Day but can someone confirm the time? 9-9:30am is a bit rough for those of us that are almost an hour from Tacoma!! And is it just for that 30 minute window?? I would hope we could have more time as it must take at least 10 min per car. I am definitely in but cant get there until after 10:00am.

Hope to see you all soon!!

Erica

Comment

I'm confident Jerry will be posting more detailed information shortly.
                      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

So last weekend I took my mini down to Chuck's garage to have him take a look at an oil leak, thought it would be a good idea to have that fixed before running it on the dyno! Well it seems that the oil leak is the least of my problems....ball joints, cv joint, tie rods, a left wheel bearing, and then it just started to sound more like... cha-ching, cha-ching! After talking it over with Chuck I made the move to a disc brake conversion and that should take care of most of the other problems...except the original oil leak. I hope to be able to show off all that "HP" from that mini 1000 next time.

Tim
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                          300 hp? so, he's already dynoed the car? or is that just the estimate? that would be fun to watch!

Thats just adding things up. My guess is 295HP at the wheels.

Comment

OK, Deep breath. First of all, thanks for the response. If all can make it, looks we could have about twenty cars or so. Nice. OK, for those who can make it, meet for breakfast at Denny's (5924 6th Ave., Tacoma) at 0800. To get there from I-5, take the Hwy 16 exit towards the Narrows Bridge/Bremerton. 6th avenue exit (just past Cheney Stadium). Left turn onto 6th avenue at the T intersection, cross the next major intersection, which is Pearl street and Denny's will be right across the intersection on the left hand side. To get to Fairlady Motor's, same directions as above, EXCEPT, LEFT turn onto Pearl from 6th Avenue. Drive 6 blocks and turn RIGHT onto 12th (get into left lane) until reaching Mildred (Gas station on right, as a visual cue), then LEFT turn onto Mildred. Drive past Tacoma Community College, through 19th & Mildred intersection, get into right hand lane and follow Mildred to the right (it becomes 27th-if you think that's confusing to read, try writing it!). The new Post Office will be on the right and directly across the street (27th) is University Place Muffler. Turn left into the access driveway and drive about 1/8th mile. Doug's will be on the right. I'll also have my car parked in the parking lot for UP muffler, so watch for the TIC. Doug prefers cash, $30 per pull, and we should start about 0900.... I'll call the Leaf and tell them that we will be there about 1200 for pizza. Drive through Pt. Defiance w/photo op following eats. Hope that answers your questions. If not let me know. Oh, the date is Saturday, 5 April.
                            Last edited by Jerry; 03-29-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Should a new thread be started so all this information is more easily available? Sure would be nice if it was on the home page....
                              Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                              1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Done, started new thread under dyno day details-

Comment

Working...
                                X