2012 Vancouver ABFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Vancouver ABFM

This year's event at Van Dusen Gardens will be held Saturday, May 19, and the organizers already are sending out entry forms. The Vancouver ABFM has to be the best show you'll experience in a foreign country (OK, except for the Goodwood Festival of Speed, which I won't be attending again this year), so start making plans now. As in past years, there are no day-of-show registrations.

I'm also attaching an entry form for the Sunday cruise up to Whistler.

Dan
    Attached Files
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Abercorn Inn only 3 rooms left!

I called today to make a reservation at the Abercorn for May and the CSR stated there were only three more rooms left in the block of rooms for the event.

Comment

All British....bikes.

Ilary-Blasi-GQ-Italy-005.jpg

Would anyone object if I brought one of these to the Vancouver ABFM?
      THE BIKE! That is. Norton (even though she is on a NORVIN, or did anyone notice) is the Bike marque this year.
      It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

what bike!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Bike............

Tim, well it would be a 1972 Norton of course.

72 combat.JPG

Comment

Nice wheels Norty!
            "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
            64 Austin Countryman-???
            '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
            '60 Morris Van - Marvan
            '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Wow! Nice Bike! Can I volunteer to ride it up to YVR and Back! ( If it is a dry weekend!? )
              Best,
              MSH
              All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

The Western Driver website is SLOOOOOW, for me anyway. If you're really patient you'll find that the classifications of cars that matter are:

Sliding window Mini, class 20.
                Roll-up window Mini, class 21.
                Long wheelbase Mini, class 22.

Bikes are class 57 Carl.

Don

Comment

And the class for Mokes?
                  The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Only if you wear the outfit in the first pic!

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    Wow! Nice Bike! Can I volunteer to ride it up to YVR and Back! ( If it is a dry weekend!? )
                    Best,
                    MSH

Comment

Mokes are in with the LWBs, class 22. You bringing your's Mr. C?

Don

Comment

Thought so. Just askin'. Mokes are not long wheel based Minis.
                        Not bringing MOKE. It has been to a couple in the past. And it didn't rain. Not going to push my luck.
                        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Beautiful weather, beautiful cars, in a beautiful setting!

Beautiful people!

Brian bustin' a move to the music in his head while Mike's getting down to business. Fuel in the float didn't help the richness issue but somethig else was up with Elise and Brian's car. It was left with Octagon Motors for sorting.

Samoans attending were Barth, Marian and I, Peter, Chris M, Steve G, Dan, Carl brought his 72 Norton, Brian and Elise, Mike Prez and Linda. Did I miss anyone?

26 Mini Saloons, 2 Vans (with side metal intact!), 1 Tinny, 1 Moke, and Dan's pick-up.

Awards went to Dan, 1st in class, Chris 2nd with his Cooper S, and 2nd also for Carl's bike! Peter got 2nd with his green Inno with those roll up windows.

There was only one *** MINI and that behemouth was parked right next to Barth's '62. He would have placed first if anybody knew he was there. The *** was placed there by a dealership, absolutely no privately owned Binis there. What's up with that?

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Dixminion View Post
                            Beautiful weather, beautiful cars, in a beautiful setting!

Beautiful people!

Brian bustin' a move to the music in his head while Mike's getting down to business. Fuel in the float didn't help the richness issue but somethig else was up with Elise and Brian's car. It was left with Octagon Motors for sorting.

Samoans attending were Barth, Marian and I, Peter, Chris M, Steve G, Dan, Carl brought his 72 Norton, Brian and Elise, Mike Prez and Linda. Did I miss anyone?

26 Mini Saloons, 2 Vans (with side metal intact!), 1 Tinny, 1 Moke, and Dan's pick-up.

Awards went to Dan, 1st in class, Chris 2nd with his Cooper S, and 2nd also for Carl's bike! Peter got 2nd with his green Inno with those roll up windows.

There was only one *** MINI and that behemouth was parked right next to Barth's '62. He would have placed first if anybody knew he was there. The *** was placed there by a dealership, absolutely no privately owned Binis there. What's up with that?

Don

I second

Don s post.

peter

Comment

Dons post...

All those in favour......

Comment

Working...
                              X