Hood Canal, Spring Run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Canal, Spring Run.

Hello once again fellow Spring fever Mini Driving friends! It's time to take a trip around the Hood Canal, enjoy some great scenery, taste some local wines, get a bite to eat, and drive. The drive is the best part of these sort of events, along with the Mini fun, and this year we will change the drive just a bit to make it a little different. (If I list all the changes will anyone really take note or just follow the White over red Rover Mini around where ever goes anyway?)
    I have mentioned the 24th of March to a couple of members for this run, and so far not major complaints...the other March date could be the 31st. If we get a huge desire to do it on the 31st, then it will be so, but I'm thinking the 24th.
    The Meeting place will be the same as usual in Belfair at the Safeway (right by Starbucks) at 10 am. Coffee, gas, the usual amenities are all available (even out here in the boonies), then off we go South into the depths of Mason county. A couple of the usual stops along the way, and then some, if anyone has an idea, and then routing back to the Belfair area and a snack/drink/garage tour at my place just minutes from downtown Belfair. All those interested please check in so I can plan for the grub. I will extend the invite to other local cabin or home owners in the area to help out in the food and beverage dept. Crabs are very welcome.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

I m in.
    the 24th of March for me
    looking forward finally to do some driving
    peter

Comment

24th is good. Can we swing by The Ridge? That's the new road racing track in Shelton.
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

If I can arrange to take some time off from car work, I'll be there.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

The 24th works for me, Carl. I second the request to stop by The Ridge.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I think March 27th would work better for me.

Don

Comment

Don,
              the 27th of March is a tuesday!!!??

Comment

Count me in for the 24th...

Comment

Carl,
                  we are on for the 24th..??

peter

Comment

Still on.

Yes Peter we are still on for the 24Th, even though Don thinks we should hold it on a Tuesday! I have put an E mail in to the guys a The Ridge, politely asking if it was OK to hold a British Car invasion on the 24Th, but thus far have not heard back from them. Either way I think we could just have a quick look, watch the bikes go around a bit (bike track day scheduled),then be on our way. I have incorporated a few new twisty roads to the route this year and hope to see many Minis out playing on the 24Th.

Comment

The Ridge.

This is the response, and my E-mail to the guys at The Ridge.

Carl, not sure if I already responded (swamped in emails, can't even remember who I returned one to, but yours is not marked that I returned it) so if this is a duplicate, well, never mind.

There is a motorcycle event scheduled for the 24th of March. However, they are really good guys, and may let you out for a few parade laps during their lunch hour. I have made that request and am awaiting a response.

So, ping us in about a week or so (or really, next Thursday or so).

RP and the TRMG Team

On 3/8/2012 9:30 AM, Carl Barfield wrote:
                      Dear Sir, I represent SAMOA (Seattle Area Mini Owners Association) and am planning a drive on the 24th of March around the Hood Canal area. Many of our members have raced their Minis through the years and are curious to see your new track. Can we make one of our stops at your facility at about 11 am on the 24th? There will be approximately 10 cars in our group. Thank you, Carl Barfield.

Additional information:
                      Name: Carl Barfield
                      IP Address: 107.60.110.80
                      Time: March 8, 2012, 10:30:34

--
                      TRMG Team

Comment

It looks now like I won't be taking this trip.

On the other hand, Bill Busacca emailed me to say his car is in good shape and he'll meet you all in the Safeway parking lot.

Dan
                        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I'll be there!

Was at the Ridge last weekend and I'm signed up for a hooked on driving session next month.
                          It's awesome...
                          Dan, I'll take lots of photos.

Greg

Comment

We would like to join the run if we can convoy with others coming from seattle.

Comment

Barth and I were talking about this. Let's meet at the usual parking lot at Lincoln Park, the main one a few blocks before the Fauntleroy ferry dock. Be at the parking lot no later than 8am. The ferry leaves at 8:25. We should be able to join Peter when the ferry gets to Vashon or at Southworth on the other side (I'm not sure how that works) then it's about a half hour drive to Belfair.
                              Last edited by minied; 03-21-2012, 03:41 PM.
                              Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                              1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Working...
                              X