Dyno day details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno day details

OK, Deep breath. First of all, thanks for the response. If all can make it, looks we could have about twenty cars or so. Nice. OK, for those who can make it, meet for breakfast at Denny's (5924 6th Ave., Tacoma) at 0800. To get there from I-5, take the Hwy 16 exit towards the Narrows Bridge/Bremerton. 6th avenue exit (just past Cheney Stadium). Left turn onto 6th avenue at the T intersection, cross the next major intersection, which is Pearl street and Denny's will be right across the intersection on the left hand side. To get to Fairlady Motor's, same directions as above, EXCEPT, LEFT turn onto Pearl from 6th Avenue. Drive 6 blocks and turn RIGHT onto 12th (get into left lane) until reaching Mildred (Gas station on right, as a visual cue), then LEFT turn onto Mildred. Drive past Tacoma Community College, through 19th & Mildred intersection, get into right hand lane and follow Mildred to the right (it becomes 27th-if you think that's confusing to read, try writing it!). The new Post Office will be on the right and directly across the street (27th) is University Place Muffler. Turn left into the access driveway and drive about 1/8th mile. Doug's will be on the right. I'll also have my car parked in the parking lot for UP muffler, so watch for the TIC. Doug prefers cash, $30 per pull, and we should start about 0900.... I'll call the Leaf and tell them that we will be there about 1200 for pizza. Drive through Pt. Defiance w/photo op following eats. Hope that answers your questions. If not let me know. Oh, the date is Saturday, 5 April.

Thanks for the update Jerry, can you give me Doug's address?

Comment

Here you go---It's in an industrial park complex, Unit D-14.
      Fairlady Motors
      2912 69th Ave. W.
      University Place, WA 98466

Comment

For those attending the event and want to do the Denny's thing first, and who live north of me and would like to tour down (got all that?), meet at my house NO LATER than 7:00 am.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Going to come for a bit, have a wedding at 1130 in west seattle.

Cheleker, you really aren't that far from me at all.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.019913&z=16

Comment

Just got back from Doug's after having a bung installed. He's ready for us, not sure that he will be able to have pizza, tho. See you all tomorrow, don't let the weather scare you off-although, be forewarned, dress warmly-Doug's shop isn't heated.

Comment

I'll bring our canopy. Maybe we can build a bonfire....
              Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
              1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

It looks like I won't make it to chucks in the morning. However, I may end up at the shop later in the morning.

Comment

...any Countrymans going to be there for Ed's bonfire? Don

Comment

A pretty doggone good day. Breakfast, dyno, pizza, nice sedate run through Pt. Defiance's 5 Mile drive with pictures and racoons (auf deutsch; waschenbarren)! Thanks for the participation.

Comment

Thanks for the hospitality and allowing me to run first since I had to leave early. Was nice meeting you all, hope to be able to participate longer next time!

Comment

yes, was a good day, comparing to last year my Inno 1362got a few more hp and torque by setting the limit to 6ooo rpm.
                        Jerry, the correct spelling in german for the raccoons is:
                        Waschbaeren ( single raccoon is Waschbaer.)

thanksPeter

Comment

Working...
                        X