Annual King 5-Northwest Harvest Food Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual King 5-Northwest Harvest Food Drive

It's that time again. The annual King 5-Northwest Harvest Food Drive will be taking place on Saturday, December 7. This will be SAMOA's 7th year participating, so let's go shopping!

As always, Northwest Harvest needs all kinds of nonperishable items and monetary donations. They buy white rice and beans in bulk, so they encourage you to donate other items. Please select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). Some suggestions are:

General food items:
    oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables, canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners), canned fish or meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats

Infant and baby foods:
    baby formula, canned milk, infant cereal, jars of baby food, powdered or canned milk; they also accept baby diapers

At the last SAMOA meeting, we discussed limiting our food drop to one location, going on a fun drive, then going to lunch. One suggestion so far would be to meet at a start point in Bellevue or Redmond, make our drop at the Redmond Town Centre, take a drive through the Carnation area, then meet for lunch.

If you have suggestions for other start points and driving routes, please bring your ideas to the next two meetings to be discussed. A final selection will be made at the November meeting and all details will then be posted in this thread.

Has SAMOA approved our usual cash (check) donation to NW Harvest for this year's Food Drive? I believe last year we made a $500 donation, and I hope we can do the same again this year. Or even more.

Not sure if this has already been approved and I didn't think to bring it up until after last night's meeting.

Jerry C
    Jerry C
    "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

Check is on the way to Tim.
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Food Drive Game Plan

We will meet at Jubilee REACH located at 14200 SE 13th Place, Bellevue, 98007 (map with directions attached). Pull into the parking lot behind the building and come inside. On the sign-in sheet, please fill in the total weight of your food donation and if you are making any monetary donation. As always, coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts will be provided.

You can arrive any time after 8:00 am; we will be leaving by 9:00 so please don't be late.

We will convoy to Redmond Town Center to make our donation drop (map with directions attached). We will re-group after the drop and then Tim will lead us on a 2+ hour fun run followed by lunch at a location to be announced. More details will become available in this thread.

See you on December 7 at 8:00 am and don't forget your Mini.
        Attached Files

Comment

Three Lions Pub.

I'm still plugging the Three Lions for after the drive.
          It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Head Count

Lets get an idea of how many brave soles are going to head out into the cold Saturday morning.

I am in for the drive, drop off, and lunch, but have my 4 year old grandsons Birthday party to attend later in the day. Hope to see many Mini's out and about on Saturday.
            It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

I will be there with my father visiting

Comment

I think my soles are brave enough to make the drive.

Dan
                Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I'll cover my soles with mukluks, and brave it, now that my Mini has a new thermostat, allowing my engine to produce hot water, to warm my soul.
                  Seeya Sat.

Comment

See ya there! Might even have a special guest riding along!
                    MSH
                    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

A friend mentioned this morning that the Porsche Club may meet up with us for lunch as well? Any details on that?

Comment

Paul and I will be there.

Comment

NW Harvest

I hope to make it for the food drop at the very least. Thanks.

Dick Johnson

Comment

When I've had time this week, I've been working on the Inno that has been sitting outside my garage for over five years. If I get it running before Saturday, I'll be at the event.
                            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

The Porsche Club usually meets up with PSMINI for this event. Patti and I will be there.

Tim
                              Originally posted by Largehammer View Post
                              A friend mentioned this morning that the Porsche Club may meet up with us for lunch as well? Any details on that?
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Working...
                              X