Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Elephant Sale is Saturday, February 7th 2015!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Elephant Sale is Saturday, February 7th 2015!

The upcoming White Elephant Sale is set up for Sat., February 7th, 2015 at 132SlotcarRacing(Scale Racing LLC) in Tacoma!
    Save the date!
    More info to follow and we are looking for people to volunteer to take one small task so that the event can be enjoyed by all.
    Chime in!
    Best regards,
    Mark
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Thanks for sorting out a new and exciting location Mark! We appreciate your dedication to the matter!

I am sure Brian and myself will be happy to help if needed!

~elise

Comment

Several SAMOAns gathered this afternoon at Alan Smith's Scale Racing Center. The building is in Tacoma, across the street behind Griot's Garage. We were there to familiarize ourselves with the facility and scope out its suitability as the site for the upcoming White Elephant Auction.

It's certainly shiny and bright. Onsite parking is somewhat limited, but there's an empty parking lot next door and SRC faces Griot's back lot.

There's still finishing work to do on the interior, but the slot car part is very well done.

And even though the tracks seem huge, there's space available for auction activity and food service.

More photos will follow.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

SRC's "Event Room" has kitchen stuff, and Alan says we can set up a BBQ grill right outside.

The rest of the Event Room.

Oh, yeah. And did I mention there's slot car racing?

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Thanks for the photos Dan. And thanks to you who went to check it all out!
          This will be great!
          Best
          MSH

Comment

I am so there

Yeay! a meeting closer to me!
            Warning: I already have experience racing here.

See you there!

Greg

Comment

I noticed on the Griot s webside is was not mentioned"" highlight the
              Minis'' on Sat. Feb. 7 the White E. gathering.
              any news.?
              peter

Comment

Yes, we are the priority parkers and the tech session inside the detailing garage area.
                Best
                MSH

Comment

Did I miss the start time of the event?
                  It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Carl, I believe the WE starts at 11AM and the Griot's tech session at 8AM? Not sure what those equate to in Belfair time though, 1300 Zulu?

Anyone, please correct those times if I am off.

Comment

Andrew basically has it correct.
                      But guys, take a look at the SAMOA website front page. The schedule of the activities for the day is shown there, including the event at Griots as well as the White Elephant.
                      Jerry C
                      "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

Hey Folks!
                        Please help with two items:
                        Let us know of any specialty items you might be able to donate to the dialect auction
                        R.S.V.P. to the White method that Noreen was good enough to send to you all.

Looking forward to a great day, and hoping for weather like yesterday/today!
                        Best,
                        MSH

Comment

Congrats to all for the hard work done for the White Elephant Sale. Quite nice!

Comment

I'll second that. Major congratulations to the White Elephant co-conspirators.

I have one suggestion, however. Next year, get your order for sunny weather in a little earlier.

Nice work.

Dan
                            Dan

Comment

I'll third it! Great day only now I want to start slot-car racing again, shot reflexes and all.
                              Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                              1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Working...
                              X