SAMOA participation in our 2015 ABFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMOA participation in our 2015 ABFM

I'm starting a separate thread for this discussion. Please correct me if I'm wrong to do this.

Entry classes:
    "Mini Classic" has three classes.
    MI-01, MK I & II
    MI-02, MK III and later
    MI-03, other
    "Other" won't do. I'll suggest Long Wheelbase for MI-03. Please chime in.

I've personally volunteered to assemble the entry packets and goodie bags as well as distribute them on the day of show. I can pass credit/blame for this to SAMOA if agreed. The usual suspects will again hand out packets. There WILL be shade for them.

We'll need three or four additional volunteers to separate the cars into their classes and get them parked.

SAMOA collected an additional $150 or so plus employer matching for Food Lifeline at last year's show. Please bring cash and employer info to this year's show.

If you'd like to help with striping the field and be officially known as a stripper I will get you the contact info for that group. Last year the MG club had a cool MG logo painted on the grass. Anybody with graphics experience want to come up with a Mini logo?

Don
    Last edited by Dixminion; 02-27-2015, 12:02 PM. Reason: punctuation

Help getting the cars sorted to their proper parking locations will be a great help. The last two years have been tough for those of us passing out packets to direct the cars too. Almost every car entering the Field Meet ask us where to park!

Hooray for shade!!

Looking forward to another awesome (Austin) ABFM!

Thanks,
    ~elise

Comment

directing the cars to the right spot, does that mean samoa folks do it for
      all british cars or just for the minis
      For classes classic Minis:
      Mk1 and Mk 2 ok 1959 >1970
      Mk3 and later means 1970 to 2000( that s a long stretch)
      there are cars with 10/ 12 and 13 inch wheels and Carb cars/spi/ mpi
      would be nice to spread a little
      Mk 3 Mk4/6 Mk 6/7.
      others : long wheel base incl. the Pickup or??

peter

Comment

Since we get to decide, I'd suggest just one class for Minis: Truly Meaningful Cars.

One class for Binis too: Reprehensible Crap.

Heck, we could take care of this entire show with only three classes overall (Truly Meaningful Cars, Reprehensible Crap, and Others).

I can help with sorting/parking cars.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Thanks a lot for your input!

Shady 206,
          Your response to "where do I park?" will be "THAT WAY!"

Peter,
          We will be responsible for Minis only.

We get 1st, 2nd, and perhaps 3rd place in three classes based on past shows. If 12 Elfs show up this year we get another class next year.

MI-01, MKI andMKII, round nose saloon.

MI-02, MKIII & later, round nose saloon.

MI-03, Other, varients, Clubmans, long wheelbase, pickup, estates, vans, firetrucks, Mokes, Elfs, Hornets...

I cannot think of a better person to sort the cars than Bigshot. We'll place him at the top of that long muddy trail down to the lake. One wingman for Dan should cover it if you'd like to get up early.

Don

Comment

It's unfortunate that ABFMs aren't set up for what would be more (and more fair) Mini classes, but that is the nature of the event. Always has been, and always will be. Go to enjoy all of the British cars rather than just to win a trophy in the Mini classes.
            As for the Elf class next year, I'll bring three this year if someone else will bring the other nine.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

if you want to add another Class for the minis, should not depend
              on how many cars of that class m coming. if only one is coming that's fine
              it is still a different car!
              peter

Comment

Originally posted by Dixminion View Post
                Thanks a lot for your input!

Shady 206,
                Your response to "where do I park?" will be "THAT WAY!"

Peter,
                We will be responsible for Minis only.

We get 1st, 2nd, and perhaps 3rd place in three classes based on past shows. If 12 Elfs show up this year we get another class next year.

MI-01, MKI andMKII, round nose saloon.

MI-02, MKIII & later, round nose saloon.

MI-03, Other, varients, Clubmans, long wheelbase, pickup, estates, vans, firetrucks, Mokes, Elfs, Hornets...

I cannot think of a better person to sort the cars than Bigshot. We'll place him at the top of that long muddy trail down to the lake. One wingman for Dan should cover it if you'd like to get up early.

Don
                Don,

My pat answer was to tell entrants to look for other cars like theirs!

Comment

Working...
                X