No announcement yet.

dyno day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this Mitch! Try to look at parts not fitting as part of the "charm" of Mini ownership. Please show up anyway and enjoy the day.

Don

Comment

Dyno day 3,5,16,

confirmed to day with doug from Fairlady Motors
      we are on starting at 1o. am to about 2 pm depends how many cars.
      right now 12 cars.

peter
      ps:
      would be nice to have a variety of HP from 85o/ 998/ 11oo/ 1275 and beyond.>>

Comment

Here's some numbers all you hot rods can shoot for Saturday. Dyno'd MOKE in 2008. 110whp and 102lb ft torque. That's with an Mini A series engine.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Chuck,

How's that motor working for you today?

Don

Comment

Worked fine for a while after the above figures were obtained and being used mostly for autocrossing. It failed at an autocross in Bremerton, but still got me home. The failure had nothing to do with the power of the engine, but with the set up of the crank in the block. Wish I had done it myself and it would probably still be running and I wouldn't be out a block and a crank.

Comment

Hey, Carl Lewis set all kinds of records, and he isn't running any more. That doesn't diminish his accomplishment.

Unfortunately, my pickup won't be ready for Dyno Day this year. That's too bad, because I was hoping to take a run at that 110 hp mark.

Like if the dyno was set up on a steep slope.

Dan
              Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

OK. It's over. Who did what?

I bet The TIC was the best Mini for HP and torque.

Comment

A fun day, 12 cars, doughnuts and nice weather for the morning followed by some pretty good pizza.

Comment

Jerry humbly fails to mention the ten HP he had on the next atendee.

Great day, learned a lot. Old Paint was at 53HP, 60ft lb torque. Best flight was without air filters.

Don

Comment

Dyno

I was first car on the Rollers
                      1310 engine 62 torque 54 horse smooth run shows on the report.
                      though car was running rich other then that great weather ( T shirt)
                      good snacks and coffee

peter

Comment

Great fun. Thanks Peter for putting it together.
                        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Thanks for the updates; does someone have a listing of the HP and torque of each car that was run on the rollers? I'd look forward to seeing that!
                          I'm also curious if anyone was running o2 sensors for emissions figures.
                          Thanks,
                          MSH

P.S. I'll start a prelim listing:

Jerry ( plus 10 over the next highest )
                          Don 53 HP - 60 ft. / Lbs
                          Peter 54 HP, - 62 ft. / Lbs
                          All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

dyno

normally in order to get all those results to have to be there (Dyno)
                            \no kidding, Jerry got all the ttl. results.,
                            peter

Comment

They all got between 5 and 10 hp less than they expected and about 20 less than they wanted. It was a pretty typical Dyno Day. And we all had a great time nonetheless.

Dan
                              Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

dyno

here is a comparison:> green Inno verses white Innocenti
                                Engine 1310 Torque 62 HP 54 last Saturday

Engine 1360 Torque 71 HP 59 2 years ago at the same Dyno place
                                same setup.
                                >; green inno 10 inch wheels white Inno 13 inch wheels,
                                I don t know if it makes any diff on the Roller.??

Comment

Working...
                                X