Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 King 5 Northwest Harvest food Drive

2016 King 5 Northwest Harvest Food Drive
    This is the 10th year that S.A.M.O.A. will be participating in the King 5 Northwest Harvest food drive and this year it takes place on December 3rd 2016
    We’re going to change it up a bit! This year the plan is to meet at 9:00 am at Starbucks at the Redmond Town Center. The address is 16500 NE 74th St. on the lower level in the center of the town center. There is plenty of covered parking on the north side attached to the town center so you can stay dry from the car to Starbucks. We will leave the parking garage around 9:30 and drop off food and cash donations at the Redmond drop site and then take the scenic drive up Union Hill rd. to the Boyd’s place for some pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and juice, and probably meats! After visiting and eating we’ll be off to exercise the Minis on a few of East King county’s finest roads
    Remember.
    1. This is the 10th year that the club has participated in this food drive.
    2. Enjoy the fellowship of other Mini owners.
    3. Exercise Minis.
    4. Old fashion “Cake” doughnuts!
    5. Most important, Food and Cash donations. You know the drill, weigh your donations and money equals a pound per dollar, and let Tim or Patti know.
    Tim & Patti Boyd
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Does NW Harvest take personal checks?
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

As long as they aren't in glass containers.

Dan

Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Please feel free to drive whatever car will get you to the event. The most important part of this event is to raise money for NW Harvest. Please don't let the weather or your Mini project prevent NW Harvest from getting the money they need to help people get food.

If you would like to donate but can't make it contact me. I will take PayPal, checks, food, whatever is needed.

Comment

For any of us wondering what foods to bring to the Food Drive, here is some verbiage directly from the NW Harvest website regarding their preferences for food donations:

Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice, beans, oats, pasta and tomato products in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions (ranked by importance):

General food items:
          Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low salt, sugar and saturated fats
          Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
          Canned fish or meat
          Peanut butter (plastic jars are preferred)
          Canned vegetables (low sodium)
          Brown rice
          Whole grain pastas
          Canned tomato sauces
          Shelf-stable milk

Infant and baby foods:
          Baby formula
          Jars of baby food
          Powdered or canned milk
          Infant cereal

We also accept baby diapers.

See more at: http://www.northwestharvest.org/sugg....xySVoypi.dpuf
          Jerry C
          "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

What? No report on how it went?
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

This year's Food Drive went excellent in spite of a slightly disappointing turnout. I believe it was ten (10) Mini's that met at the Redmond Towne Center Starbucks for caffeinated or non-caffeinated refreshments.

We then jumped into our Mini's and drove around the block to deliver food & dollars to the Redmond drop off site. I don't have the exact totals, but I believe we totaled about 255 lbs of food, and close to $1325 or something like that. This included $500 from the club, with the rest being $ donations brought by the 10 Mini's in attendance.

Most of us (I think one Mini had to leave) then headed up the hill to Tim and Patti's for a light breakfast of donuts, muffins, bacon, sausage, juice, etc...

Following the breakfast, the remaining Mini's (minus 2) headed out for a spirited drive through the twisty roads around the Boyd residence in East King County. After an hour plus of fun driving, we finished off with Lunch at the 3 Lions Pub in Redmond.

All in all a good day. Thanks to Tim & Patti for organizing and hosting us all.
              Attached Files
              Jerry C
              "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

Thanks to everyone that made donations and gave the better part of a Saturday for this cause. The weather was perfect and the roads were a blast.

Tim
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

And thanks to those who gave a donation but couldn't make the run.
                  The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Working...
                  X