Minis Not Identified At the 50th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minis Not Identified At the 50th

There are still two Minis on the 50th blog that don't have identified owners more than a year later! Take a look!

https://samoa50thanniversary.wordpre...mystery-minis/
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

The black over white car is certainly a Canadian car. Could it be one of those brought down by someone from Canada for the event? (Note side lights and flags. Too bad can't see the license plate.) Whoever handled all the entry forms should be able to help out.

Comment

Is there a way to magnify the picture? Maybe then we could get something from the information page on the windshield of the car.

Comment

The image has been reduced in size for posting on the blog. Consequently, when it's enlarged it's unreadable. If someone has a larger original it possibly could be enlarged and read.
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I checked the large unedited file photo and it's still unreadable. Looks like the name of the Mini is "Permione" or "Fermione". Info sheet appears to be in covered in clear plastic which makes it hard to read.

Anyone have an email address or phone # for Ken Martin or Ken Friend up in BC?
          Last edited by minied; 09-04-2018, 09:12 AM.
          Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
          1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Ken Friend, VMC member since the 70s and current PrimeMINIster, checked with Mike Smith in Victoria and the unidentified black/white Mini from our 50th Anniversary belongs to Lloyd and Dana Mellor of Victoria. Thanks for your persistence, Chuck.
            Last edited by minied; 09-06-2018, 08:19 AM.
            Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
            1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Cool. One down, one to go.

Comment

Because the last one is parked next to the one just sorted out, might it be from Canada, too?

Comment

Did anyone check that last car with Mike Smith? I can do that, if necessary.
                  Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

OK, it's been established that the OEW/red Estate isn't from Victoria. Nice try, though.
                    Dan

Comment

OK. Who knows the owner of a white over red, Mk I looking, non-Woody Estate with what looks like an English license plate on the front ending in LLC?

Comment

Working...
                      X