• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept. 27 Classic Car Show

CHRIST THE KING/CRISTO REY FALL FESTIVAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
    Saturday, Sept. 27, 2008
    No entry fee
    Car Show: 10am - 4pm
    Dayton Ave. N. and N. 117th St. Seattle (just north of the Greenwood neighborhood, two blocks east of Greenwood Ave. N.)

The name is a lot bigger than the actual event! This will be the third year that Christ The King School and Church has included a car show in their annual fall festival. We've had lots of fun the past two years at this very low key, laid back neighborhood fair. Friendly people, great food, arts and crafts booths etc. and games and rides for the kids!

Last year there were around 20 cars in the show and of course, the 3 or 4 Minis caused quite a stir.

If you would like to enter your Mini this year send me an email - miniedsauer (at) aol.com - and I'll send you the registration form and more info. Or, if you want to just show up the day of the event that's cool too. Just be sure you get there at 9am or a little before.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

We'll be there! Hmm, where to go for COLD BEER after??.....Don

Comment

There is the The Auld Triangle Pub at 9736 Greenwood Ave N.

Oh, you said cold beer. Never mind...

Kelley
      If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Pretty subtle Don! We may have another commitment after the car show but if we don't y'all could drop by our place for a cold one or three. I'll know more about that other commitment later on this week.
        Last edited by minied; 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM.
        Ed

Comment

It was a fun little car show and a nice little Fall Festival. As usual. Four SAMOA Minis (John Barrett's, John Maloney's, Don Dixon's and mine) and an 1100 Countryman. Probably 30 cars (of an amazing variety) total in the show. The weather was perfect, the food was wonderful, and the carnival rides were really exciting!
          Ed

Comment

John Maloney suggested that he and I swap cars during the after show car shuffle. This is John's rally car so I was a bit intimidated by all the instrumentation. The key provided dash lights but further rotation didn't engage the starter. Another 30 seconds of searching, the button labeled START was located! Vroom, vroom.
            The whole time I was absorbed with searching for the start button John was trying to get my attention. He had an ignition light in my car but couldn't find the start switch.
            The most excitement for us was meeting a young couple with an early Mini currently in pieces. They were pretty stoked about getting it on the road. We should see them at a meeting soon.
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X