Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet another Mini event in 2009!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to get the word out early regarding yet another 2009 Mini event! For those of you who are thinking of attending Mini Meet East Meets West in Winona, Minnesota next June, not too far up the road in Brainerd a bunch of Mini Racers are going to be vying for the bragging rights at the Can-Am 50th Anniversary Mini Challenge.

The race will be held at Brainerd International Raceway, Brainerd, MN on the newly completed 2.5 mile road course, June 27th & 28th, 2009. The event theme will be “Can-Am”, and Terry Milnes of St. Paul, MB will be defending his title won at the Blackhawk event in 2004. We are expecting a large turnout of significant cars, including the GT5 winning Fortech Mini of Seven Enterprises which will be driven by Doug Peterson, the amazing rear-wheel drive Huffaker Mini piloted by Joe Huffaker, and many other important vintage Minis and Mini-powered variants from all over North America. Car preparation unlimited (other than safety requirements), so the Minis will be light and fast!

We are also hoping that “Molly” the 3rd place overall finisher at the Targa Newfoundland Rally in 2007 will be on display (and possibly even driven in the event), as her owner Dyrk Bolger is working hard to restore her after this year’s devastating accident on the first day of Targa.

The race is co-hosted and sanctioned by the Phil Wicks Driving Academy, who will be featuring a full complement of North American MINI Cooper Challenge cars. The MINIs will have separate track sessions from the Minis. Phil will also be running the very popular Driving Academy Training for street prepared Minis. Bring out your car for a weekend of expert instruction with Phil and his team of experienced instructors. Lunch time parade laps will also be available.

So come on out for an exciting weekend of MINI/Mini racing action! This may well be the only race where Minis old and new compete at the same event! For details, check out the event web site at www.canam50minirace.com

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Holiday Season!

Cheers,
    Rachel

To help fill in the blanks, the CanAm Mini Challenge is Saturday and Sunday (27th and 28th). Mini Meet starts about 275 miles south in Winona on Monday the 29th with early registration. The events don't get started until Tuesday the 30th.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Working...
    X