• Show
Clear All

• June 21, 2011 Meeting

Tuesday night, June 21, 7:30 PM

13422 - 80th Ave S
    Seattle, WA 98178
    425-226-2783

Meeting Starts: 7:30 p.m.

Let's do another "Minis On the Grass" meeting, weather cooperating, for those of us not able to go to Mini Meet. We'll park the Minis on the grass to the south of the garage for photos, so bring your camera and try to get here before 7:00.

Come as early as 6:00 to wander through the garage to see whatever's the latest I'm working on or to look through the parts from the "box of shame."
    Last edited by Cheleker; 05-29-2011, 08:29 PM.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

I'm going to see if I can get Peter to use his influence for some good weather like he arranged for the Bash On Vashon.

Reminder: the residential roads around my house have a speed limit of 25mph.

Comment

Should be good weather Tuesday. Let's get a lot of Minis out for display on the garage level.

Comment

Don't forget cameras. Also, remember to take a wander into the garage for the "box of shame" display. There are a couple of new bits; including, Frankenbinnacle. If I can convice Chris to drive his Woody then we'll have three very nice ones; including, one now sold and heading to Californiia. (You missed your chance!)

Oh, and we should observe a moment of silence for Don's 998 tonight.

Update. 3:00 PM. There are already 14 Minis here, and, no, they are not all mine.
        Last edited by Cheleker; 06-21-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Ended up with 25 Minis for the second meeting in a row. Even with 3 or 4 regulars on the road to MMW, I figured we'd have 30 or more. Although the car turn out on a warn summer evening was a little disappointing, the people turn out was good including a newbie and at least one that hadn't been to a meeting for so long another Andrew had to come along to make sure he didn't get lost!
          We had an amazing variety of cars on display with the only real shortage being an Australian built car and a Van. Mark's Mini (although a windowed Van) would have taken care of both, but it went hors de combat Tuesday morning. (Where was Jerry and the Ozzie S?)
          I'll go through my notes and post a listing of the variety of Minis we had on display.
          Try again next month at Steve Gay's Saturday, July 16 meeting/BBQ...but I'm not taking all my cars out there!

Comment

Thanks for the great time, Chuck! I wish I could have brought the van, but I couldn't "trust" it after the early a.m. antics on I-5!

Great meeting, even with some regulars not showing! Door prizes, new people that own strange new Minis showed last night, so we should even see their cars soon.

A stunning new 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14! Wow!

The beautiful view of Rainier, with just the right amount of sunset glint....

And, like Chuck says, many a rare variant on hand...

Good times, with many pics to our photo meister, to follow.

Best regards,
            MSH
            All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

i was teaching and grading tests until about 9:30 p.m. uggh
              Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Working...
              X